Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Write Stuff

Mostly I've been talking about cancer stuff here, and yet I named the blog Shelly Writes — a nod to my work in marketing, originally as a copy writer. I think I did that for two reasons:

First, I'm a little self-conscience about focusing so much on me and the big C.

Second, I have visions of this blog continuing after we've all gotten sick of hearing about my health. I'd love it to morph into something more closely tied to the work I do.

So here's a URL I passed on to my colleagues last week, a site I found that intrigues me:

http://www.visualthesaurus.com

When you put a word in this thesaurus it dynamically shows you related words and allows you to easily explore relationships. It's very similar to the way most of us use a thesaurus...look up one word that leads to another...that leads to another...and so on. You can try it for free but then you've got to ante up. (Although it's not very pricey.)

That's it for now...speaking of work, I better get to it!

1 comment:

John said...

Hey Kiddo. If memory serves, you never needed a thesaurus, given all of those fancy words crammed into that noggin of yours.