Friday, February 16, 2007

Eighteen down!

Hi faithful fans, just a quick update to let you know I'm still plugging along. I've finished 18 radiation treatments and have 5 more to do that include the "full field" — basically the upper left quadrant of my torso. Then they'll do a ratiation boost 9 times to the tumor bed. So far, besides being fatigued, I don't notice much in the way of side affects.

My hair is getting longer and if I can just find some batteries for Mary's camera, I may try to get a shot to post (still depressingly on the gray side!)

Because of my tired state and a cold that's been making the rounds in the Weitz house, Team Shelly has pitched in and I've had some great food this week...heavy overtones of chocolate thanks to Valentine's Day.

My good friend Lauren is in town (many of you know her, even if you won't admit it) and she may be a "guest blogger" later today. We've both slipped into 70s New Jersey jargon which is really decent! (come on, admit it... you used to say it too!)

No comments: